- One pack of silken tofu
- 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon kala namak himalayan black salt (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Empty the pack of tofu onto a plate lined with kitchen roll to soak up some of the moisture, the more moisture you remove now, the faster it'll cook.
- Break up the tofu and spread it out, this will assist in removing more of the moisture.
- Transfer to a bowl & add the turmeric, salt, & pepper and if you're using it, the kala namak which will give the tofu an eggy flavour. If it's your first time, maybe try 1 teaspoon of the turmeric at first - you can always add more to taste as you cook. Tip to remember - cooking will bring the yellow colour right out so don't assume that it being fairly pale means you need to add a boatload more turmeric!
- Place in a non-stick pan over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until all the moisture has evaporated. How long exactly you cook for is down to personal taste. If you like your scrambled eggs quite creamy, you'll probably want to cook it for less time than if you prefer it firmer in texture.
- Serve with your breakfast which for me this morning was vegan sausages & baked beans.