Look at me Mum, I'm eating a salad!

So, as you may have guessed from my blog name, I'm not a huge fan of salad.  I will run in fear before being able to put cucumber or lettuce into my mouth.  However, as I have learned, there are plenty of salads one can eat that involves neither leaves nor slimy cucumber.  This is one such salad, it's an ode to one of my most favourite foods at the moment, edamame!


It's a very simple & quick salad to make and makes a tasty lunch or a great side dish to go with a bigger meal or BBQ.

Ingredients

  • 200g of shelled edamame, boiled and cooled
  • 1 large carrot, grated or cut with julienne peeler
  • 1 large courgette, grated or cut with julienne peeler
  • 1 handful of cashew nuts
  • 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of fruit juice/puree (feel free to use a fruity salad dressing if you have one - I used a mango & chilli one.)
  • 1 teaspoon of maple syrup/agave nectar
  • Pinch of chilli powder
  • Pinch of crushed ginger
  • Pinch of dried chilli
  • Pinch of salt and black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
  • Chopped spring onions to garnish

Recipe

  1. Place the carrots, courgette, and edamame in a bowl
  2. Pour the soy sauce, juice/puree, maple syrup, ginger, and chilli powder over and mix well
  3. Sprinkle the cashews and sesame seeds over the top
  4. Season with the dried chilli, pepper, and salt (I used Himalayan pink salt for this)
  5. Garnish with spring onions
  6. Eat now or pop into the fridge for later 

Comments

Popular Posts