Simple chickpeas

Have I mentioned before how much I love chickpeas?  Probably.  But I can never say it enough, I love chickpeas!  I fancied some chickpeas as an accompaniment to the tacos we had for dinner last night and so thought I'd share the recipe with you as it's very simple yet delicious!


Ingredients

  • 1 400g can of chickpeas
  • 1 handful of coriander
  • 1 tablespoon heaped of red amaranth (alfalfa sprouts or cress would work well too)
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 1 green chilli (optional)


Recipe
  1. Rinse the chickpeas thoroughly, then drain & transfer to a bowl
  2. Rinse, dry, and then finely chop the coriander before adding it to the chickpeas
  3. Rinse and dry the red amaranth (or sprouts) then add to the bowl
  4. Add the lemon juice and mix well
  5. If adding the chilli, thinly slice 2-3 pieces and set aside for the garnish
  6. Dice the rest of the chilli and add to the bowl of chickpeas
  7. Mix well, then garnish with the extra chilli pieces and a few more red amaranth leaves
  8. Serve!  

Comments

Popular Posts